Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Page 45

Ah. Someone got here before me,’ said the other reaper. He was different from Garovel. He spoke slower, more deliberately, and somehow, his soundless words just felt different. He appeared as a skeleton as well, but his bones were lankier, his face longer. ‘Just as well. So many dead at once would have taken a while on my own.

My name is Garovel. What’s yours?

Bohwanox. Pleasure to meet you. Who’s the kid? The killer?

No. He’s with me.

That would explain why he’s staring at me.’ Bohwanox paused and looked at the two of them again. ‘Ah. Tried to have him stop it, did you?

Please, now isn’t the time.

Four dead? Sure you didn’t end up making things worse? How many would have died if you’d just let it be?

Stop talking,’ said Garovel. ‘You take two, and I’ll take two.

Bohwanox drifted over the three dead policemen. ‘What about the morgue? That's what I usually come here for.

Ah. Right.’ Garovel shook his head. ‘I don't know. There's at least one more there.

Let's go there first, then. Allow these ones here the chance to go cold at least.

Very well.

Bohwanox looked over them both again, perhaps considering saying more, then drifted off in silence.

Hector,’ Garovel said gently. ‘I have to ferry these souls through the void, now. It’s going to take me a while. I won’t be back until tomorrow. You should rest.

He stood up slowly. He stared at Garovel vacantly, face spattered with blood save where his tears had fallen.

Come on. I’ll take you home first. You can sleep all you want, my friend.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, the poor boy. I can't even imagine..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish hector and Garovel could hug or something. They both get so bothered by their work, it would be nice if they could comfort each other. They are friends after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your story...I am from Pakistan...don't know if you know that Country and I must say you have done an excellent job! love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Pakistan. That's awesome. Great to have you, and glad you're enjoying.

      Delete
  4. Damn, I was really putting my hopes into that new reaper. Oh well. Bohwanox (who I will call Boh from now on) brings up a matter that was nagging at me since the fight at Melissa's house. Garovel and Hector's goal is to save lives. However, Hector has come close to killing people (I actually thought he killed the thugs at the hospital and Melissa's house), and along with failing to protect the innocent, isn't he just adding more work for Garovel and other reapers?

    ReplyDelete