Friday, May 31, 2013

Page 69

Colt at once remembered why he loathed this person. “Whose hand is that?”

“Oh, do you want it? I was thinking about giving it to you, actually. I have the other one, as well.”

It was a small hand, thin fingers with long nails and pallid skin, preserved, likely taken from a corpse. “Who does it belong to?" he said, even less patient now.

“The girl you killed. Melissa Mallory.”

Colt ground his teeth and glowered. “Why do you have it?”

Geoffrey tilted his head, confused. “Because I wanted it, obviously. It makes a nice souvenir, don’t you think?”

“How did you even get it? You’re not allowed out of the building.”

“That would be telling.”

“A year ago, I would have killed you where you stood for this.”

Geoffrey smiled, and his eyes widened manically. Eagerly. “Perhaps we are not as similar as I thought, Mr. Colt. But then, I can’t say I am disappointed. This may be even better.”

“And people think I’m psychotic.”

“You should be glad,” said Geoffrey. “I wouldn’t let you talk to me that way if I did not like you, Mr. Colt.”

“I’m not afraid of your uncle, idiot.”

“Oh, I know. Honestly, that is the most annoying thing about being his nephew. Everyone thinks they should be afraid of him. It tries my patience, sometimes. People are afraid of you, though, aren’t they? How do you manage that, exactly?”

“Get the fuck away from me before I break both your legs and throw you in your uncle’s pool.”

“Intimidation. Charming. I’ll keep that in mind.” Surprisingly, he actually left Colt alone. The other people in the hallway were quick to get out of Geoffrey’s way.

18 comments:

  1. oh boy, the girl's hands! What a poor corpse. And no, your evil author cred is not ruined. I'd say having two hands separated from a previously murdered victim suitably enforces it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting story so far! I'll probably just lurk while I read along. Just letting you know you have an interested reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to have you.

      And that's just fine with me. I'm a seasoned lurker myself. In fact, I don't even have a face or a body. I'm just a brain in a jar attached to a pair of typing hands.

      Delete
    2. Best kind of lurker.

      Delete
    3. A pair of typing hands? Luxury!
      All I've got attached to my jar is 2 fingers.

      Delete
    4. Yes, unfortunately. I have to regularly dip them in liquid nitrogen to stop them getting mushy.

      Delete
    5. Haha, eww. I'm not 100% sure I understand that, but it made me laugh.

      Delete
  3. This is turning out awesome, best wishes from Denmark

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Honestly, that ss the most annoying thing'
    ~Chelsey

    ReplyDelete
  5. This little exchange was nearly as enjoyable as Garovel and Hector's...for completely different reasons. Man, I want this Geoffrey kid to feel some kinda pain. Not die, that would be too easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Who's hand is that?" should be "Whose...". It's interesting that Colt doesn't seem to think that Geoffrey is more than just a little weirdo.



    Even if he were purely human (and I think that it's safe to say that he's not), the guy must have some serious back-up in order to get those hands so quickly. Colt should respect that kind of power, even if he totally blows off Geoffrey himself. More evidence that Colt is more than he appears, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...But how do you read?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also from Denmark~

    ReplyDelete