Monday, July 1, 2013

Page 113

--donation bonus (day #4, post 2/5)--
Pure evil doesn’t exist,’ said Garovel. ‘People can only be evil insofar as making evil decisions--possessing an intent to harm or cause suffering. Evil actions. Even people who do evil things purely for the sake of amusement are still human. They’re twisted, sure. They have evil tendencies, but they still aren’t MADE of evil. But... Geoffrey’s aura... I can’t think of any other way to describe it. It was like an evil consciousness.

Hector raised an eyebrow. ‘So... you’re saying Geoffrey is pure evil?

No! I’m saying he’s NOT! Because there’s no such thing!

So why’d you bring it up then?! You’re making it confusing!

Because it IS confusing! I don’t know what he is yet! And seeing the way he acted, it’s easy to feel like he’s evil incarnate or some shit!

Hector sighed. ‘Whatever... You’re not making any sense...

Tch. I need to find out more.

Hector looked at the reaper heavily. ‘You’re not going anywhere without me. It’s way too dangerous with him out there.

Oh, please. The odds of me randomly encountering Geoffrey are ridiculously low. And even if I did, I’d just outrun him.

You don’t know that,’ said Hector. ‘If you don’t even know what Geoffrey is, then you definitely don’t know what he’s capable of... I mean, he could still have abilities we didn’t see before...

Hector, I’ve been doing this a long time. I can handle myself.

You’re not going anywhere without me,’ he repeated.

Garovel lowered his brow. ‘You’re being very unreasonable today.

I don’t care... You’re not gonna go out and get killed while I’m sitting through a fucking biology lesson...

9 comments:

  1. You are doing great....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is geoffrey going to be the main villain or is there a bigger big bad in the works? I know you won't tell me, but cryptic hints are cool too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the world is full of villains... and Geoffrey is still quite young. As is the story.

      Delete
    2. I love me some delicious character development.

      Delete
  3. Aww Hector cares bout his incorporeal friend. It's really cute. Especially when you realize that Garovel, as far as we know, is Hector's first ever friend. No one would be willing to let their only friend possibly get into harm's way.

    Garovel is being an idiot. Especially for a centuries old being. Hector is actually being pretty reasonablewith what he's saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love how cryptic this is

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geoffrey is young... meaning he's still developing his powers, just like Hector? So he'll likely get stronger in time... hmm. I'll have to read on.

    ReplyDelete