Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Page 150

Well,’ said Garovel, ‘you remember how I said that some reapers are trying to make things worse?

Yeah?

I was talking about Abolish. That’s what they do.

Why?

The main reason is that they all want to “move on” into the afterlife. See, they believe that the reason reapers exist is to ferry human souls into the afterlife; and moreover, they believe that once there are no more souls left to ferry, our “purpose” will have been fulfilled, and we will then be able to proceed into the afterlife ourselves.

But... is that, I mean... is that true?

No. It’s bullshit. There’s absolutely no reason to believe we’d be magically transported to another plane of existence just because everyone on Eleg dies.

Y-you’re sure?

Even if we suppose that it is true, I still think it’s fucking crazy to use it as justification to destroy humanity.

Eesh... They really wanna destroy the human race? I mean... that’s just so...

Stupid?

It’s just... you guys can still die, right? I mean, if these Abolish guys wanna get to the afterlife so badly, then why don’t they... y’know... have one of their servants kill them or something?

Garovel sighed. ‘Because they believe in that fucking thing called “destiny.” They think a higher power has ordained us to be reapers, and if we kill ourselves to avoid that divine responsibility, then we get punished in the afterlife. Or some shit like that--I dunno. It’s all very disturbing. And also, because they’re cowardly, deluded bastards.

But... wouldn’t a higher power or whatever... have a problem with them killing everyone?

One would think. Hey, I told you they were fucking crazy.

Gah...

Though, I imagine that some reapers have actually done that before--just trained up a servant in order to end their own lives. But obviously, those reapers would be dead now, and not causing problems for us.

Mm, good point...

9 comments:

  1. So. It's the 150th page. And I've decided to increase the daily word count from ~275 words to ~300 words. Permanently.

    In fact, I'm gonna turn this into a thing. Every 150 pages, I'll increase the word count by 25 words. Because I wanna bring you guys more story.

    If you're interested, I'll talk about it in a bit more detail in the News tab. Thanks for reading, everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Wonderful to hear. c:

      Delete
    2. Hurrah more story!
      Do keep an eye on your health and time though. Burnout/illness/lack of money for food means less story later, and that just sucks.

      Delete
    3. Oh, don't worry too much about that. The only way I could imagine that becoming a problem would be if I suddenly got a ton of donations and couldn't keep up with all the bonus posts. Which would be a pretty awesome problem to have. But supposing that it did happen, I wouldn't kill myself trying to keep up; I'd just rework the donation system into something more manageable for me (yet still rewarding for you guys, hopefully).

      I do love writing TZK, but I'm definitely not willing to die for my art 'r some stupid shit like that. If the story genuinely becomes too demanding for me, I'll slow things back down.

      Your concern does warm my heart, however, so thank you.

      Delete
  2. Eleg? Is that the name of the planet? So then it appears not on earth. Interesting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it is.

      This is actually mentioned in the "About the Story" tab, under "Setting."

      Delete
  3. I'm surprised this didn't get more "up votes" (dunno the actual term with Disque)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omnicidal maniacs, check! Are those the 'real' enemy then?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abolish sounds pretty frightening. Appropriately so, I guess. Hopefully we get Vanguard next?

    ReplyDelete