Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Page 374

“Uh, well... a lot happened, so, uh... I’m not sure what you wanna know...”

<“You got into a fight, didn’t you? Is everyone okay? What was the fight even about?”>

And suddenly, Colt found himself listening to Hector stumble his way through an explanation of events. To say that it took longer than necessary would be an understatement, but after several agonizing minutes, Gina was up to speed. More or less.

<“Okay. So. The guy who was fighting Karkash is dead, and you don’t know who he was?”>

“Y-yeah. But we think that, um... that he, uh... was, ah... er, well, uh--”

“Hector, I swear by the goddess’s tits, if you don’t finish that sentence in the next five seconds, I’m gonna drive this car into a fucking tree.”

Shockingly, that didn’t seem to do much for Hector’s composure. He merely flushed red and fell painfully silent.

Colt instantly felt like a piece of shit. That was decidedly not the reaction from Hector he had been going for.

Garovel floated in front of the windshield and glared at him. The reaper’s face wasn’t visible, but somehow, that didn’t seem to matter.

Great,’ said Bohwanox privately. ‘Amazingly helpful, Colt. Not like the kid’s been through anything traumatic lately. Not like he’s helped us out at all or could use any kind of encouragement from perhaps his only living friend in the entire world right now. I’m sure there’s nothing you could--

I get it! Fuck!’ He looked at Hector in the mirror, who was nowhere close to making eye contact again. “Look, um. I didn’t mean to, um. Uh. I’m--mm. S-sorry, I wasn’t...”

You’re killing me with this irony right now,’ said Bohwanox.

Aw, fuck! I’m an asshole!

At least you acknowledge it.

<“Hello?”> said Gina. <“Uh. You still there?”>

Colt decided to just fill in for Hector. “Yeah, we’re here. The guy from earlier, we suspect he was a member of Abolish. A traitor.”

10 comments:

  1. GASP
    I JUST REALIZED
    GINA IS A REGULAR CHARACTER NOW
    SHE IS PROBABLY GONNA DIE SOON

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Hector, I swear by the goddess’s tits, if you don’t finish that
    sentence in the next five seconds, I’m gonna drive this car into a
    fucking tree.”

    LOL colt xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo curious about this goddess deity. And the religious side of things in general. I do enjoy good worldbuilding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious as to whether you have kind of mental voice actors for the characters – do they speak with different accents and dialects, are they talking animatedly, or to what degree they have a tone and such. Because I honestly don't.


    Fun fact: half the time I try to comment, it doesn't work. I'm logged in to disqus, but the login doesn't carry over to this site. I click "sign in with D" and a window pops up, showing gears, closes and then nothing's changed. Reloading the page doesn't work, either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, so we finally (to my recollection) have a male character say "goddess" it confirms that the religion in this world (Atreya, at least) follows a female diety. Awesome.

    And Colt starting to warm up to Hector...which causes me to actually start warming up to him in turn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW. This guy is such a pansy. After everything he went through he still can't talk properly. I really get annoyed by people that can't freaking talk straight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speaking as someone with a reverse stutter that used to be really severe: my heart bleeds for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you chop the hand off someone who can't walk, are you going to be surprised when they still can't. If you take someone with no social confidence and repeatedly traumatize them, will you be surprised when they still lack confidence?

    ReplyDelete