Saturday, December 14, 2013

Page 410

--donation bonus (day #21, post 4/5)--
“The fuck’re you doing?” came another voice. It belonged to Nola’s partner, Andres Geth. Andres was a lanky man and a bit slimy to look at, darkly red hair slicked back and a tan face with a greasy shine to it. His voice, on the other hand, was quite weighty and penetrating. “Nola, you can’t just go around killing random people.”

“Fifty rigols says I can. Or wait, what’s the money called here?”

Andres ignored her question. “Dammit, girl. Conall and Tessa are gonna be pissed at us. They’re the ones who’re gonna have to make sure people don’t get too curious about what happened to this girl.”

Nola shrugged. “Eh, fuck ‘em. Anyone gets curious, Conall and Tessa can just send them to me.”

“That’s not how it works. More bodies make for more questions.”

“So they say. But I think with enough bodies, the questions will start to go back down.”

“Nola.”

“Aw, c’mon. That’s so boring. We finished the net weeks ago! I need something to do! And Desmond won’t let me near the King!”

Andres frowned. “I know. I feel the same way. This castle is so stuffy with all of us in it.”

“See? It could definitely do with losing a few people. Thin out the crowd a little, yeah?”

“Hmm. Y’know, maybe you’re right.”

“Ah--” Prince David held up a hand. “Please don’t kill anyone else.”

They both looked at him. A beat passed, and they started laughing.

“Aha, good one!” said Nola, patting David’s belly. “I told you he’s the best prince, didn’t I?!”

“You did! He’s hilarious! Pretending like he can give us orders! When he obviously knows better!” Andres waved a finger at him. “If anyone else’d said that to us, we’d have torn their fucking head off! But not you! Not the cheeky prince!”

“Ha! Cheeky! He’s cheeky! Like, literally cheeky!”

“He is! Look at him!”

David often made a point of trying to “out laugh” them. It wasn’t easy. Andres could reach an absolutely heinous pitch.

12 comments:

  1. EVIL LAUGHTER
    EVIIIIIL
    LAUGHTER MAKES ME CRUMBLE TO DUST
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first read heinous as hyena-ous, at first. It didnt really change the meaning of the sentance xD. Also, after over seven hours, I have reached the end! :'(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, wow. I always love seeing new binge readers. Welcome aboard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *gathers dust and bakes it into a pie*

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...
    Make it an apple pie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Missing word:

    "Andres was [a] lanky man"


    Also, could you add the new characters to the character sheet sometime? I always get a little panicky when several new characters get introduced because I feel I'll already have forgotten their names on the next page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the catch.

    And yeah. I'll add them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're really good at these psychos. I just can't create those kinds of characters. Not sure I'm sorry about that, mind you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "[Or] wait, what’s the money called here?”

    I think you meant "Oh" instead of "Or" but I'm not sure

    Anyway, I'm not sure if I like these villains or hate them, which I think says more bout me than the story lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nah, that one is correct as is. She's using "Or wait," as a kind of verbal abbreviation of "Or maybe I'm wrong, wait a minute."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok. Never heard it like that though

    ReplyDelete