Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Page 1068

Her face scrunched up. “What’s impossible? I could talk to anyone here tonight! Why do you think they invited me, huh? I am a goddess in this country! They love my movies!”

“No, I was talking about being nice to you. No way I’m doin’ that.”

“Ugh! Again with this?! Why did my agent even hire you?!”

“Because you fired your last ten assistants over stupid shit, and now no one else wants this job?”

“What?! How dare you talk to me like that!”

“I’m sorry, Miss Reach.”

“Oh, you’re sorry?! You’re sorry?!”

“Nah, I was just being polite.”

“WHAT?! I will can your ass so quickly--”

“Hey, isn’t that your ex-boyfriend?”

She stopped cold and looked where he was pointing. As soon as she spotted the other man, she spun back around. “Oh my god!” she whispered “What is he doing here?!”

“I imagine he was invited.”

She pressed her lips together a moment. “Is he with someone?”

“Looks like it.”

“Is she pretty?”

“Oh yeah.”

“Shit!”

“Why don’t you go talk to him?”

“Are you kidding?! No!”

“Well, I think he noticed you.”

“What?!”

“Yeah, he’s coming this way.”

“Shit shit shit! I didn’t bring a date! Jimmy, you have to distract him--”

“Too late.”

Miss Reach spun around, all smiles. “Darius! Sweetie! Great to see you!”

Darius returned a smile of his own. “You look well, Madison. Ah, and this is Amanda, of course. I’m sure you know of her.”

“Of course!” said Madison. “You were amazing in Elementary Love! Really knocked it out of the park! Y’know, I’m surprised we haven’t met before, actually! We should definitely do lunch sometime!”

The other woman gave a nod and a placid smile. “And who is this?”

No comments:

Post a Comment