Sunday, March 27, 2016

Page 1193

Gina tried to concoct a more diplomatic means of sharing her ill-gotten knowledge, but Madison wasn’t done talking.

“You really like him, though, don’t you?”

Gina just flattened her lips and said nothing.

“Hehe, you don’t like admitting it? The way you blurted it out a second ago, I thought you were pretty comfortable with your feelings.”

Gina tried not to scowl. “Yeah, well. I just didn’t want there to be a misunderstanding. I would’ve felt bad if I caused some kind of confusing... emotional stuff.”

Madison giggled, then laughed outright. “You have no idea how much I appreciate that!”

Gina tilted her head at her.

“I’ve had my share of relationship drama,” said Madison. “I am definitely not looking to get myself tangled up in a mess like that again. So as far as I’m concerned, he’s all yours. I won’t go after him. I promise.”

“...Just like that?” said Gina.

“Just like that.”

Gina gave her a dubious look.

Madison breathed a laugh. “Look, I don’t need to go after your stupid boyfriend. I can get any guy I want. I am a beautiful, self-actualized young woman. And I have lots of money.”

Gina laughed faintly. “First of all, he’s not stupid. And secondly, he’s not my boyfriend.”

“Yeah, whatever. As far as I’m concerned, he’s off the market now.”

Gina wasn’t sure how to feel. Had she just ruined something for Master Roman? Didn’t seem fair to him.

Oh well, though. He probably wouldn’t have gone for Madison, anyway. Miss Reach could say whatever she liked, but Gina didn’t think anyone could get Master Roman. She’d seen him turn down countless women--even a few supermodels who said they just wanted a fling.

Come to think it, she didn’t know why she’d allowed herself to get so worked up in the first place. She could’ve just kept her mouth shut, and everything would’ve been fine. She blamed the cold as she wiped her nose again. All this sinus pressure was muddling her brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment