Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Page 1194

“So, uh,” said Madison, “from the way you said all that just now, I presume you haven’t told him how you feel?”

Gina’s expression stiffened.

“How long have you known him?” Madison asked.

Gina just frowned.

Madison seemed amused. “A while, huh? A year or two?”

More like five, but there was no need to admit that and embarrass herself, so she just nodded.

“Heh. How about I help you out, then?”

“What?”

“You know, like, put in a good word for you. You wouldn’t know this about me, but I can be quite the matchmaker.”

Gina could see where this was going. Over a cliff, basically. “Please don’t,” she said firmly. “That would probably make me hate you.”

Madison blinked at her, then giggled again. “Alright, geez. But you’ve gotta tell him how you feel. You can’t just pine after him forever. You’ve gotta--”

“Stop right there.” Gina held up a hand. “I know all that crap, okay? And it’s not that simple.”

“Why?”

“Because I know Master Roman better than anyone. He’s just not emotionally available. Which is fine. I’m perfectly content with the way things are. I don’t need some fairy godmother to show up and wave a magic wand around and fix everything.” That was a weird and rambling analogy. Gina felt her forehead. It was pretty warm.

Madison made a face. “Emotionally available? What does that mean? Is he, like, hung up on a past girlfriend or something?”

“No, no, nothing like that.”

“Then what?”

Gina hesitated. Was it okay to tell her? Eh, probably, who cares? “Master Roman took a vow of celibacy.”

Madison reared back in her chair. “What?”

Gina bit her lip. Maybe she shouldn’t have said that. Would Master Roman be upset? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe he wouldn’t care.

Shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment