Thursday, March 31, 2016

Page 1195

“Why did he take a vow of celibacy?” Madison asked.

“Uh...”

“What, do you not know?”

“It’s just. He’s building... things. Look, that’s not important. I mean, it is important, and I respect his decision, but the details aren’t... Agh, why are we even talking about this?”

“Um. Because it’s relevant to your happiness? Don’t wimp out on me now. Tell me. How does him building stuff relate to him not having sex at all?”

“It’s a matter of responsibility and personal... things.”

“More things, huh?”

“Look, it’s his business. It’s not for me to gossip about.”

“Sure it is! In fact, you should’ve just told me that from the beginning! Why didn’t you?”

“Agh, because it makes people treat him differently, and now you probably think he’s really weird...” Gina rubbed her forehead and closed her eyes. “Also, I’m stupid right now... I think I might have a fever.”

Madison stood and replaced Gina’s hand with her own. After a moment, she nodded. “Be right back.” Then she left the room.

She soon returned, however, with more medicine and a wet towel.

Gina took both gratefully and settled herself even deeper into her pillows and bed sheets.

Madison allowed her a few minutes of peace before asking, “Better?”

Gina shut her eyes and sighed comfortably. “...I think so, yeah. Thank you.”

“Of course.”

Madison let another beat pass. “So let me get this straight: you’ve got a crush on someone who took a vow of celibacy.”

Gina groaned. She was starting to wish she was even sicker so that she could just start barfing and end this conversation.

“Girl, if that’s the case, then you’ve gotta let him go. I mean, unless you’re interested in a sexless relationship, I guess.” Another beat passed. “Are you?”

Gina opened her eyes to glare at her.

No comments:

Post a Comment