Sunday, April 3, 2016

Page 1196

“...Or convince him to break his vow,” Madison went on. “Or end it. End probably sounds better than break, now that I think about. Yeah, definitely don’t ask him to break anything. Unless you’re into that sort of thing, I suppose.”

Gina squinted. “What does that even mean?’

“...I don’t know. I’ll be honest with you. Men who’ve taken vows of a sexual nature are a bit outside my area of expertise.”

“You don’t say.”

“Call me when you fall in love with someone else. Preferably not a priest or monk.”

“Yeah, thanks.”

“You’re not going to call me at all, are you?”

“Probably not, no.”

“That’s unfair. It’s not my fault that your circumstances are so weird right now. If he were a regular guy, I would be able to help the crap out of you.”

“You would, huh?”

“Oh yeah. I’ve helped loads of people find love. Haven’t you seen my movies?”

Gina just looked at her flatly.

“I’m joking,” said Madison. “Relax. I’m not that much of an airhead.”

“...Good one.”

Madison giggled. “So stiff. Fine, then, how about you help me find a boyfriend? I hate being single.”

“Well, I wouldn’t open with that line.”

“I’d like someone who’s tall and maybe kind of--what’s the word? Stoic? Yeah. My last boyfriend was a total asshole who just loved to hear himself talk. And the one before that--ugh, I could practically write a book about how much of a douche he was. In fact, maybe--”

Gina stopped listening. Her eyes were already closed, so it was easy to just kind of drift off while Madison’s voice melted into background noise.

At length, however, a ringing phone stirred her out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment