Monday, January 30, 2017

Page 1302

((The Monday Triple: page 1 of 3))
“And you need to get your head out of your ass!”

“Man, nobody’ll care if we just take the energy down a notch or two. This place hasn’t been attacked in, like, a hundred years ’r somethin’. We ain’t got no worries.”

“It’s actually only been forty years, but that’s not the point. I’m telling you, Sai-hee wants everyone on high alert. And while we’re on the subject of what she wants, is there a reason you failed to show up to the meeting in Acacero? Because she was not happy that you weren’t there.”

“Yeah, I know, man, and I’m real sorry about that. But it was just, like, I wasn’t really feelin’ it, y’know?”

No, I don’t know! What the hell are you talking about?!”

“It just, y’know--it sounded like it’d be a real drag. And I’ve been tryin’ to eliminate as many stress-triggers from life as possible. Tryin’ to live that healthier lifestyle and be one with Mother Nature, ya feel me?”

“Leo! People are depending on you! And whatever crap you just said is definitely not a good enough reason to simply stop doing your job without even telling anyone, you hippie bastard!”

“Hey, man, there’s no need for name-callin’.”

“Shut up! Do you even know how many problems you’ve been causing?! And what’s all this I’ve been hearing about you treating the Hun’Kui around here like slaves?!”

“Yo, nobody’s a slave, man. That’s just them showin’ their appreciation for us--same way we show our appreciation for them by keepin’ ‘em safe from all the bad juju down here.”

What?! That doesn’t make any sense!”

“Of course it makes sense, man. Makes all the sense in the world. They volunteered to do chores ‘n all sorts o’ groovy things for us, man. What, you think I should’ve turned down their generosity?”

“Yes! You should’ve turned them down! It’s a complete breach of protocol!”

“I don’t know about that...”

“I do! And I know exactly what Sai-hee will think of it, too!”

No comments:

Post a Comment